Classical Mechanics Around the World
Click the to view more info, edit, delete
or search the link.
Penn State University
- Home page for Physics 419 (Classical Mechanics),
Spring 1997, by Prof. Jorge Pullin. Problem sets, lecture
notes and Mathematica examples.
- Syllabus, calendar, lecture notes, assignments, student work, and links to related
materials. By Dan MacIsaac, Purdue University.
Mount Allison University
- Some typical entries include friction of curling ice, how an egg
breaks, what would happen if a comet struck the earth, determining the mass of
Jupiter by observing satellites, how does the impact on the foot vary with type of
running, various terminal velocity experiments, etc. While the course is intermediate
mechanics, most of the projects relate well to introductory physics courses.
Syllabus, assignments, student work. By Robert Hawkes, Mount Allison University.
- First-semester, Calculus-based introductory physics for science and engineering
majors. Syllabus, calendar, assignments, exams, grades, and links to related
materials. By Dr.Gregor M. Novak, Indiana University Purdue University
Washington State University
- Graduate course in advanced classical mechanics. Some materials are available
online,including a hypertext syllabus and problems with solutions and exams (Word
for Windows format). Some simulation packages written in Mathematica are
included. Also includes assignments and grades. By Dr Mark I Stockman,
Washington State University.
Japan: Java Applet Gallery
Germany: Euler Angles of a Rigid Body
Taiwan: Kepler motion Java applet
- Initial condition of the "virtual star" is represented by an arrow.
It can be Draged to change the initial position and initial velocity.
Parameters ( total energy, gravitation potential, effective potential,
semimajor axis ...) are viewed graphically. The period is calculated in
real time unit. (Fu-Kwun Hwang)
Taiwan: Pendulum experiment java applet
- Do a pendulum experiment with mouse(click/drag:to change its initial conditions--
length of the pendulum, initial position, gravitational field strength).
Parameters (gravitational field and its components, kinetic energy, potential
energy, velocity ...) are viewed graphically or displayed with text(length,
angle, half period...). A period-initial angle plot is generated automatically,
just click/drag the mouse and wait. Try and play with it to find out more features.
University of Kentucky: Physics Laboratory in Mechanics;
- Online Java animations and visualizations for undegraduate
Physics laboratory in Mechanics. The following Physics lab
exercises are introduced:
- Some Basic Units of Measurement in Mechanics;
- Sliding Friction;
- Projectile Motion;
Taiwan: Oscillation and wave
- A java applet demostrating the motion of a mass hanging from a spring.
Damping force can be added to the system. (Fu-Kwun Hwang)
University of Illinois: Interactive Physics Workshop
- An Introductory Mechanics course using the Interative Physics software
application. Syllabus, lecture notes, and links to related materials. By Clive Halliwell,
University of Illinois at Chicago.
Kansas State University: Physics Education Research
Volver a la página principal
Last Modified: Tuesday, March 11, 1997 at 09:01 PM